There’s no limit to testing in Unity
Our test automation tools make UI testing accessible for Unity games and apps by allowing teams to inspect and programmatically control the objects of their application. The result? Fast feedback after every commit!
How it works
1. Instrument your game to support end-to-end test automation
- Open a connection inside the game to identify and interact with Unity objects
- Simulate any kind of device input (support for Input Manager and Input System)
- Use and modify any methods and properties
2. Inspect the game objects hierarchy and get all the properties easily
- Get object’s components, assemblies, methods, fields and properties without accessing the source code
- Get selectors and validate them before running your tests
- Interact with your game from AltTester Desktop using keyboard, mouse, touchscreen and joystick actions
- Load any scene or level
- Control the speed of the game for debugging and test design purposes
3. Run automated tests on real devices: PC, Mobile, Console
- Write tests in C#, Python or Java, using any popular test framework
- Integrate with Appium, device cloud services like Bitbar or AWS Device Farm
- Include screenshots in your test reports
We helped 5000+ users to test their games and we’re proud of their feedback.
“It is the best tool for unity applications. It is very simple and easy to implement as it is a bit similar to appium. Inspecting and performing actions on elements are very easy. Updates on the tools are stable and moreover the support and response from this team is very good as I have been using this since 10 months for my project. Thanks for the altom team for the this asset”
AltTester Unity SDK (open source):
Interact with Unity objects
Simulate device inputs (support for both the old and new Unity input systems)
Modify methods and properties
Run tests on PC, Android and iOS
Support for tests written in C#, Python, Java
Integrate with Appium to interact with native elements
Generate XML test reports
Integrate with BitBar and AWS
Community support through Discord and Google Group
Everything from the Community package +
14-day free trial
Fully functional without the Unity Editor
Inspect object properties without access to the source code
Search objects by selectors
Display the scenes of the game live
Use mouse, keyboard, touchscreen and joystick actions to interact with the game from Inspector
Load different scenes single or additively
Control the speed of the game
Run tests on WebGL and Consoles
Generate tests automatically based on recorded actions
Integrated test runner
Everything included in AltTester Pro +
Customized AltTester Features
Support for custom engines
Do you need a more customised approach for your Unity app?
We can help you get a solid testing framework that your team can extend comfortably through interactive workshops and other customized services.
Latest articles and videos
AltTester Unity SDK 1.8.1: websocket.dll name change, input system improvements & new commandsAltTester Unity SDK 1.8.1 is here not only with the improvements requested by our users but also with a new input related command. Check below what’s new in this release!
May 28, 2021
See how you can use AltTester to implement functional automated tests on your Unity projects.
Join the AltTester Community!
Get notified about our releases, tutorials, and other updates.