In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the process of creating and executing your first C# test using AltTester®, on an iOS device. The steps described in this video are primarily based on the AltTester® Documentation.
Getting Started with AltTester®
The AltTester Unity SDK is a robust and versatile tool designed to streamline the testing processes for Unity-based games and applications. It enables developers and testers to write automated tests for their iOS and Android applications using C#, by integrating with Appium.
- Have .NET framework installed
- An instrumented build
- The AltTester Desktop installed on your PC
Once you have ensured all the prerequisites are checked, follow the steps described in the video tutorial to write and execute your first test with AltTester®.
What you’ll learn
- How to establish the connection between a dotnet project, the instrumented build and AltTester Desktop
- How to add AltDriver to your testing project
- How to set up, write and execute your tests in AltTester®
- How to inspect your game using AltTester Inspector
- How to record your test in C#
To get the step-by-step instructions on writing your first test with AltTester®, check the video below.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us on our Discord channel.
Also, make sure to also explore our documentation for more detailed information on AltTester®.
For more useful resources and tutorials, keep an eye on our channels.